Andrew J. Bartelt
Andy Bartelt is an attorney at Emswiller, Williams, Noland, & Clarke, where he practices in the areas of family law, criminal defense and civil litigation. Andy is a graduate of Indiana University-Bloomington, where he earned degrees in Economics and Political Science, as well as a minor in Spanish. He also graduated from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law and is admitted to practice in all state courts in Indiana and the federal United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana. Andy has been rated by Indiana Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” in the legal profession.
Andy is an experienced trial lawyer and primarily focuses his practice in family law, representing clients in family law matters including divorce, legal separation, child custody, child support, parenting time, post-decree enforcement, post-decree modifications, guardianships, adoptions, paternity, emancipations, spousal maintenance, relocations, protective orders, grandparent rights, and other family law issues. In addition to his practice in family law, Andy is also experienced in civil litigation and criminal defense matters.
Andy is trained in collaborative law, an increasingly popular alternative to litigation, and he is a Board Member of the Central Indiana Association of Collaborative Professionals and member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
Areas Of Practice
- Family law 90%
- Civil litigation 5%
- Criminal defense 5%
- Indiana, 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2012
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Indiana University-Bloomington, Indiana
- Major: Economics
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Spanish
- Advanced Issues in Family and Divorce Law, National Business Institute , 2018
- Gatekeeping by Custodial Parents, National Business Institute, 2017
Honors and Awards
- Rated as a "Rising Star" by Indiana Super Lawyers 2017, 2018, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Central Indiana Association of Collaborative Professionals, Board Member
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member